Search Tak Thoughts

Saturday, July 21, 2018

Puzzle #75: White to Play; White to Tinue

Hello, all!

This week's puzzle is from a game between AaaarghBot and myself. I missed this Tinue during the game and ended up forcing AaaarghBot into placing wall after wall, ending in a Gaelet game. On review, I found this board state and thought it was a really neat one.

There are slightly different ways this could go, but Tinue board state should be reached in 3-5 turns with the win for White in 5-7 turns. If you find other ways to get there, I'd love to hear them!

Please form your answer with PTN or a link to your solution via ptn.ninja. Also, be sure to use the spoiler tag so as not to ruin it for later puzzle solvers.

UPDATE:  The Reddit site has updated and the newer version does not recognize the older spoiler tag - " [spoiler text](/spoiler) ". The new version has it's own spoiler tag " >! spoiler text !< ". Unfortunately, the new spoiler tag does not work on the old Reddit. So, for the time being, since we have community members using both new and old Reddit, both tags need to be used. I found a way to nest these spoiler tags:

>! [spoiler text](/spoiler) !<

Ex:  >![35. a3> 3b2+](/spoiler)!<


I know it's a bit of a pain, but eventually, we should be able to switch over to the new tag only.

I hope you enjoy this one!

P.S. If you have suggestions for puzzle board states or how they are presented, please let me know.




No comments:

Post a Comment