Search Tak Thoughts

Saturday, August 11, 2018

Puzzle #76: Black to Play; Black to Tinue

Good evening, Takolytes!

I hope everyone had a good week and is ready to stretch their brain a bit.

This week's puzzle is from fairly early in a 5x5 game I played a couple weeks ago. White just played c4+, which turns out to be the wrong move in this scenario. See if you can find the Tinue for Black. If you want to stretch your brain a bit further, you can also tell me what White should have done instead of c4+ to prevent this Tinue.

For the purpose of this puzzle, Tinue is defined as a board state in which no matter what the opposing player does during their turn (White, in this instance), a road win will be awarded to the other player (Black) on their next turn. If you are familiar with Chess, Tinue is very similar to Checkmate.

The Tinue I am looking for in this puzzle occurs in 5 moves, meaning that the actual win will come in 7 moves for Black.

I believe all responses by White are singular and forced. If the response is not singular and forced, then any response results in the same following move by Black or the defensive moves by White have ready responses by Black and those defense/offense pairs are interchangeable in regards to order. Of course, I could have made a mistake...in that case, let me know so I can fix it or, at least, apologize.

Please form your answer with PTN or a link to your solution via ptn.ninja. Also, be sure to use the spoiler tag so as not to ruin it for later puzzle solvers.

UPDATE:  The Reddit site has updated and the newer version does not recognize the older spoiler tag - " [spoiler text](/spoiler) ". The new version has it's own spoiler tag " >! spoiler text !< ". Unfortunately, the new spoiler tag does not work on the old Reddit. So, for the time being, since we have community members using both new and old Reddit, both tags need to be used. I found a way to nest these spoiler tags:

>! [spoiler text](/spoiler) !<

Ex:  >![35. a3> 3b2+](/spoiler)!<


I know it's a bit of a pain, but eventually, we should be able to switch over to the new tag only.

Next week I will be featuring a 6x6 Tinue puzzle sent to me by archvenison. If any readers have puzzle ideas, feel free to send them my way and I will see what I can do. Thanks for your support!

Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment