Search Tak Thoughts

Saturday, December 15, 2018

Puzzle #93: Black to Play; Best Move

Good evening, Takkers!

I hope everyone had a good week! Lots of snow here, but it's mostly taken care of. Unfortunately, working on the snow left me less time for Tak. Sometimes adulting isn't worth it :)

This week's puzzle is from a game of mine a last month against Aaaarghbot.

For those new to my puzzles, I try my best to post one every Saturday night (EST). They are usually one of the following types: Tinue (game ending via forced road), Tinue Avoidance (is there a way out?), Gaelet (game ending via flat count), and Best Move (what would you do, and why?).

The type featured tonight is a Best Move puzzle. Your challenge is to evaluate the board state and determine the strongest move for Black. Then, explain why you made your choice.

Please form your answer with PTN or a link to your solution via ptn.ninja. Also, be sure to use the spoiler tag so as not to ruin it for later puzzle solvers.

** I have noticed some people commenting directly to my blog post when answering puzzles. I would kindly ask that you post your answers on the appropriate post on the Reddit page for Tak (r/tak). This will make it easier for me to respond in a timely manner. On that note, I would like to also apologize to those same people for my delayed replies.


The new Reddit spoiler tag is shown below:

>!spoiler!<

Ex:  >!35. a3> 3b2+!<


Thank you and enjoy!!

P.S. Let me know what you think of these puzzles and which types you would like to see more of.

P.P.S If you have board states that you would like me to post as a puzzle, feel free to send them my way. If you would like to post them yourself, but are unsure how, I can also help with that. The best way to reach me is bill.leighton1@gmail.com. You can also message me on Reddit or Discord under rabbitboy84.



No comments:

Post a Comment