Search Tak Thoughts

Saturday, January 27, 2018

Puzzle #51: Black to Play; Black to Tinue

Hello all!

This size 6 puzzle is not one that I played, but one that I caught the end of while on the road. The game ended by Gaelet (win determined by final flat stone count), but I found what I think to be an interesting Tinue during the early End Game.

For the purpose of this puzzle, Tinue is defined as a board state in which no matter what the opposing player does during their turn (White, in this instance), a road win will be awarded to the other player (Black) on their next turn. If you are familiar with Chess, Tinue is very similar to Checkmate.

Please form your answer with PTN or a link to your solution on ptn.ninja (this link takes you to the beginning of the puzzle in a new window). Remember to add the r/Tak spoiler tag to your solution so as not to ruin it for others. To do this, put your answer in brackets and follow with (/spoiler).
Ex:  [26. a3- Sa3](/spoiler).

To narrow things down to a single solution for this puzzle, I am looking for the board state of Tinue achieved in 7 moves (this would mean the actual win would occur in 9 moves). Assume that the opponent is going to do everything possible to delay the win for as long as they can.

I believe all responses by White are singular and forced. If the response is not singular and forced, then any response results in the same end result. Of course, I could have made a mistake...in that case, let me know so I can fix it or, at least, apologize.

Note:  There are many paths in Tak that lead in all directions. If you find another interesting line of play (whether Tinue or not), I would certainly like to hear about it.

And, as always, if you have suggestions for content, just let me know via comments on this blog, r/Tak, Discord, or email.

Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment