Search Tak Thoughts

Saturday, February 10, 2018

Puzzle #53: White to Play; Which Player Has the Better Position?

Hello Fellow Takkers!

This week's puzzle features the latest version of my 2D, grayscale representation of Tak that I plan on using in my next book (Mastering Tak:  Level II). Next week, I plan on going back to ptn.ninja interactive puzzles.

I would like for you to evaluate the board state below and determine which player is better off. You can use whatever criteria you like, but please explain your answer. Spoiler tags should not be necessary, though you can use them if you'd like. To do this, put your answer in brackets and follow with (/spoiler).

Ex:  [26. a3- Sa3](/spoiler).

I wanted to get 2 birds with 1 stone with this post; getting my weekly puzzle up and also getting feedback on the Tak representation. So, if you have any thoughts on the new board, please feel free to share.

And, as always, if you would like for me to focus on something different in the future, send me a message letting me know what you would like and I will see what I can do! I can usually get back to you within 24 hours of sending a message via the comments on this blog, r/Tak comments or message, or email (bill.leighton1@gmail.com).

Thanks and enjoy!!


The puzzle:





Here's another look at the 2D, grayscale representation with most of the normal combinations of stones, a large stack with secondary side view below the board, and some directional arrows I'm trying out for elucidation.



No comments:

Post a Comment