Search Tak Thoughts

Saturday, February 24, 2018

Puzzle #55: Black to Play; Black to Tinue

Good evening Takkers!

This week's puzzle is a size 6 game I came across while doing research for my second book. It's probably a 7 or 8 out of 10 on the difficulty scale.

For the purpose of this puzzle, Tinue is defined as a board state in which no matter what the opposing player does during their turn (White, in this instance), a road win will be awarded to the other player (Black) on their next turn. If you are familiar with Chess, Tinue is very similar to Checkmate.

Please form your answer with PTN or a link to your solution via ptn.ninja. And, remember to add the r/Tak spoiler tag to your solution so as not to ruin it for others. To do this, put your answer in brackets and follow with (/spoiler). Ex:  [26. a3- Sa3](/spoiler).

To narrow things down to a single solution for this puzzle, I am looking for the board state of Tinue achieved in 9 moves (this would mean the win would occur in 11 moves).

I believe all responses by White are singular and forced. If the response is not singular and forced, then any response results in the same following move by Black or the defensive moves by White have ready responses by Black and those defense/offense pairs are interchangeable in regards to order. Of course, I could have made a mistake...in that case, let me know so I can fix it or, at least, apologize.

P.S.  If you find another Tinue, I'd certainly be interested in seeing it.

P.P.S  If you have suggestions for content, just let me know via comments on this blog, r/Tak, Discord, or email.


Thanks and enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment