Search Tak Thoughts

Sunday, May 5, 2019

Puzzle #112: How to Reinvigorate the Online Tak Community?

Hello Takkers!

First off, an apology:  I missed my normal Saturday evening puzzle post because I was out of town for a wedding. Usually, when I go out of town, I have enough time during the week prior to write the post and then just click publish when I'm out of town. But, last week kind of got away from me and I ended up with nothing.

Traveling did give me some quality time to talk to my wife about how things are going in the Tak world, mainly, that we seem to be in a slump when it comes to actual games being played/requested on Playtak/Discord. I think this slump carries over into other aspects of online Tak presence:  i.e. less participation in puzzles, fewer contributions to the subreddit, and a less inviting experience for new players. No one wants to get excited about a game only to visit the community sites and see them dark for days in a row.

My wife and I went back and forth on some different things I could personally do to help increase activity, and landed on a biweekly game night. So, in place of my puzzle every other Saturday, I will be trying to organize a game night. Not a competitive thing, but casual games to rediscover and reinvigorate playtak.com. Probably starting around 8pm EST, and open to all skill levels, we can gather and play some quality human vs human games.

Let me know what you think. I know this has been tried before, but I believe it's worth another try.

Let's get the Tak ball rolling again!


No comments:

Post a Comment