Search Tak Thoughts

Sunday, May 13, 2018

Puzzle #66: White to Play; White to Tinue

Hi all!

This week's puzzle is from one of my tournament games on Saturday. I missed this Tinue due to time pressure (I counted flats and decided that it would be a Gaelet win (if I didn't time out), so, decided to go for that). With under 30 seconds on the clock and a 5 second increment, I thought it was the safer bet.

For the purpose of this puzzle, Tinue is defined as a board state in which no matter what the opposing player does during their turn (Black, in this instance), a road win will be awarded to the other player (White) on their next turn. If you are familiar with Chess, Tinue is very similar to Checkmate.

Please form your answer with PTN or a link to your solution via ptn.ninja. And, remember to add the r/Tak spoiler tag to your solution so as not to ruin it for others. To do this, put your answer in brackets and follow with (/spoiler). Ex:  [26. a3- Sa3](/spoiler).

There are 2 different ways to achieve Tinue in 1 move from this board state. You can post 1 or both, or see if you can find more, I'm far from infallible.

If interested in seeing the game to this point, here it is.

Have fun!


2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I can't figure out the spoiler function. :(

      Delete